Welcome to


The establishment of D.A.V Sanatan and Muslim schools in the ‘forties’ encouraged the Sikh community of Fiji to start their own school. Some prominent members of the thought that such an institution would ,not only, provide opportunities for their children to learn Punjabi language in Gurmukhi script but it would also reflect their identity and give them a sense of pride. They had already established three very impressive Sikh temples in Suva, Lautoka, Tagitagi(Ba/Tavua) and well organized committees were running the temple affairs.

Formal and informal discussions at religious gatherins continued about the establishment of an educational institution in the early ‘fifties’ but no concrete steps could be taken.

In 1953, a young Sikh graduate, Sardar Inderjit Singh Walia, arrived in Fiji to work as a science and Mathematics teacher at Indian High School. As soon as he settled, he joined hands with those people of the Western Districts who preffered to establish this institution in Ba.Although he was stationed in Suva, he came to Ba sometimes to attend the religious functions where he spoke not only about the teachings of Sikhism but made his audience enthusiastic about the establishment of a Khalsa institution. As a result, a committee was formed in 1955 and Sardar Walia was unanimously elected its first president.All the Sikhs of Fiji became excited about this project and gave overwhelming support to it.The committee, called Shri Guru Nanak Khalsa School Committee, represented all the Sikhs of Fiji who were estimated to be about 4000 during this period.

In the Initial stages members from all the districts were nominated to the committee, although all of them were not able to attend its meetings.
The committee bought a piece of four-acre-free-hold land near Ba town for eighteen hundred pounds. The site was not attractive and the land was not sufficient. The committee thought it unwise to start the construction work without considering all the implications. In the meantime, another fortunate development took place . The Methodist church was running a primary school at Wailailai, Ba and it decided to hand the school to any organization which could convince the members of the Mission of its financial stability and organizing ability. The Khalsa committee which was in a sound financial position negotiated with the Mission.
On 11th February,1958, Rev R.J.Salway, Manager of Ba Methodist school and other responsible persons of the Mission handed the school to Shri Guru Nank Khalsa School committee. Along with it also transferred the lease of the new site at “Wailailai heights” which the Mission had acquired to construct the new building for their school. Shri Guru Nank Khalsa Committee took over the management of Wailailai Methodist Mission School at the old site.A function to mark the official changeover was held. Mr. R.P.Hedley, Education Officer, Western , congratulated both the parties on the excellent example of co-opration and goodwill. Other prominent guests, who attended this function, were Ratu K.K.T. Mara, the then District officer of Ba and Mr. Leach, an overseer Of C.S.R. on behalf of the committee and the Sikh community of Fiji, Mr J.K.Singh, the manager and one of the founders and trustee, thanked the Methodist Mission for the generous offer it had made to the Sikh committee.


As soon as the Khalsa committee settled down,it asked the Collins Associates of Lautoka to prepare a plan for the new building. The plan was ready in a few weeks and the foundation stone of the Khalsa Primary School was laid on 4th June ,1958 by Rev Salway. Messer’s Shib Ram and company completed the four classroom building in about eight months at a total cost of £5500.

Before the 1959 session started, the S.G.N Khalsa School Committee organized AKHAND PATH of Guru Granth sahib (non-stop reading of the Holy Book) and after the Bhog ceremony on 2nd February, the official opening of the new Khalsa Primary School building ( now room no.s 2,3,4,5 in the college campus) was done by mr. R.P.Hedley.The same year, a sum of £760 was spent to level the area to make a playfield ( now called the lower ground) and to install a pipeline to provide water facilities. Late Mr Barkat Masih , who was the Headmaster of the Methodist Mission School before the chage-over continued as Headmaster of the S.G.N. Khalsa Primary School with his team of seven assistant teachers. The teaching o the Punjabi language was introduced in 1959.

In January 1960, Mr Pritam singh took over the Headmastership from Mr Masih and started his work with great vigour. Actually, The Khalsa committee had approached the Department of Education with a request that Mr Singh be transferred from Maqere Indian School (now the Vasist Muni Memorial school) because it was thought that Mr Singh belonged to the Sikh community and would take pains to establish the school at the new site.
During the same year, Mr H. Hammond, who was acting as Chief Inspector of Schools, visited the school. He was very much impressed with the design of the building and discussed with Mr singh possibilities of further development of such fine site. Both of them realized that there were some difficulties such as soil condition and lack of trees but Mr Hammond advise them and the committee not to lose heart because he thought that they would be able to tackle all the difficulties in the development of the school and hoped that the members of the committee would always keep the interests of pupils and teachers in mind.

In order to provide accommodation for secondary classes, the construction of another building commenced in August 1960 by Messrs Mathura Prasad and Company and they completed it in about five months at the cost of £6000. It contained four classrooms and an office. In January 1961 this building was officially opened by Mr J.A.C. Hill, the then commissioner, Western Division, who congratulated the school committee for their fine efforts in getting the building completed in such short time. The prominent people of Ba Distict who attended this function included Mr Atkinson, District Officer, Mr Adams, Manager C.S.R. and Dr. Delbridge of Methodist hospital.

Jagendra K. Singh, the school manager and Mr. Ujagar Singh, the secretary spoke on this occasion and on behalf of the committee. As the new session started, the primary classes occupied this new building in addition to a temporary wooden shed which was erected in 1960 to solve the accommodation problems.

Mr Pritam singh, who with the assistance of his staff, was doing excellent work joined the Department of Education in 1966 as Visiting Teacher (Education Advisor) and his place was raken by Mr R.P.Singh.In 1970, extension was done to existing building but the hurricane Bebe blew it down in 1972 and caused tremendous damage to all the rooms including the library. It took almost two years to repair the damage and to add four more concrete classrooms. The addition of this new wing gave the L-Shape look to the present building.The primary section made good progress during Mr.R.P.Singh’s period and at the end of 1979 he resigned from the Civil Service of Fiji to migrate to the United states of America.
There is a saying that history repeats itself. Mr Pritam Singh “came home” in January, 1980 and took over the headmastership which he had left in 1966. The classes seven and eight which became part of Khalsa College in 1974-1975 as forms I and II were sent back to Primary school on the advice of the Principal.The same year the Khalsa Primary became a level four school.



When the primary school classes began in 1959 in the new building at “Wailailai Heights”, ideas and suggestions to start a high school began to pour in from the younger groups of the community. The Primary school was not yet properly established. To have a high school immediately after the opening of the primary school was an ambitious project. And it started!

Out of the four rooms of the primary school, one was allocated to the High School. Mr rameswar Prasad and Mr Sakattar Singh were appointed on the staff. Mr Prasad was asked to act as Principal until Mr J.S.Kanwal came to take his place. Mr Kanwal was teaching at D.A.V.College in 1959 and it was somewhat difficult for him to resign at D.A.V in the middle of year. Mr Prasad and Singh did the difficult Job of persuading some of the parents to send their sons to this newly established school. Mr Kanwal travelled to Ba in December in 1959 so that he was able to commence his work according to one of the terms of the appointment letter,’you are hereby required to take over the responsibilities and duties related to your appointment forth with so that we shall select better children for the 1960 admission”

The nineteen sixty began. There were only 55 pupils in both the forms( 3 and 4) and two teachers. Mr Sakattar Singh and Mr Kanwal. Although lush green vegetation and waving canefields could be seen around there was not a single tree in the High School Compound. The levelled ground was not playable . There was no room for the office, no typewriters, no teaching,aids except two blackboards, two dusters and a box of chalk.

Our intake in form three? Only two had passed F.S.s. Entrance examination. Others were either failures or those who had not sat the F.S.S. Entrance Exam.
Form four was to be prepared for F.J.C examination and two teachers had to carry a load of eight subjects.The management committee appointed Mr. Ujagar Singh on 13.02.60 and after a few weeks Mr Sakattar Singh resigned. He wanted to go to New Zealand during that year. There was pressure again on the two teachers. Mr Kanwal taught English,History, English literature in both forms. Mr Ujagar Singh took Geography, Hindi, arithmetic and Mr Khan Science and Mathematics.

There was no bus service upto the schools. Students were dropped at the main road which was not tarsealed then.A narrow , ungravelled road which became muddy and slippery in rainy season and dusty during dry weather came up to the school. Small cars could come up but not on rainy days.
On 5th February 1960 an application for permanent recognition of Khalsa High School was submitted to the director of Education supplying him the necessary information about staffing, building and number of students. In the application, the Management Committee assured the Director that it was trying hard to provide all the facilities to the children so that it could become a “first grade” high school in Western districts.

When the Director of Education became certain that another building for the primary school was being constructed, he sent a certificate of recognition No. A-122 dated 28th Decenber,1960’under the provision of the Education Ordinance ,1960 to conduct courses for secondary Forms 3 to 5A.”
According to a Persion proverb, two third help is given to a person when we give him encouragement.
Whereas some of the people were appreciative of our initial difficulties and teething problems of this infant institution and gave us maximum encouragement, there were others who were quite pessimistic about the future of the secondary section. They could not see any silver lining in the dark clouds. They thought that its situation was away from town and as it was a new school, it would not attract good pupils in form three.
Magnifying other difficulties, an important member of the Sikh community one day suggested to Mr Kanwal in the middle of 1960. “Secondary school will be difficult to run at the new site. Why don’t you ask the Government to open a dispensary there?”

“Give me two years. I am confident of success”,Mr Kanwal replied.
“You are too optimistic,” he said.
“ I believe in the Sun even when it does not shine. I believe in work. Labour never goes wasted,”
Mr Kanwal told him.

The same year (1960), nineteen pupils sat for F.J.C. Examination and eight passed. This result was much better than other local schools. Except Xavier College, we were far ahead when we worked out the percentage. We received congratulatory messages from all the well-wishers of the school. Even the person who suggested the opening of a government dispensary commented in the following manner.

“ The road is clear now. We shall get good students for 1961.”The members of the staff and the management Committee were happy.
Those were the days of tough competition and unhealthy rivalry among the schools. Only good results attracted the students. No grants were given by the government and only the school fees used to be the major source of finance.

In the annual general meeting of the Sikh Educational society held on 30.01.1961, Mr Harnam Singh.(now of Sardar Trading, Suva) who was the auditor, added an extra paragraph at the bottom of his financial report.
“I must say here that that through hardwork of the Principal, Mr Jagendra Singh Kaqnwal and his assistants Mr Ujagar Singh and Sikandar Khan,the result produced in the Fiji Junior Certificate Examination was excellent and it placed our school years ahead. I hope this standard is maintained in future.”
As the Indian community has always been result-conscious and assessed the success and efficiency of a school on the basis of results in external examinations< KHALSA has been fortunate in this respect in early years to its development.
In 1961, out of 37 pupils who sat for the Fiji Junior Certificate Examination, 20 were successful.
When Mr Kanwal presenred his annual report to the members of the Sikh Education Society and discussed the 1961 results, he said,” It is a matter of pride for all of us that a student named Budh Singh obtained ‘A’ grade pass in the F.J.C. Examination and as far as I know, there is no other A grade pass in the districts of Ba, Tavua and Rakiraki. Leaving out old secondary school, KHALSA is on the top”

We achieved a very high percentage in 1964 when out of 24 pupils who appeared in the Cambridge Overseas School Certificate Examination, 23 passed. In the same year, out of34 pupils who sat the F.J.C. examination 28 came out with flying colours. As result analysis used to be published in the Fiji Times during those days , we found that our position was second in the country in both the examinations according to the pass percentage.

Our struggle continued. We became’crazy’ about the examination results. The Management Committee gave us a lot of encouragement. The members, Mr J.K.Singh, Mr.Channan Singh (Navatu), Mr Sardara Singh , Late Sardar Bakshish Singh (Bassu), Late Mr Rajindra Pal Singh (s/o Gulzara Singh), Mr Gurmej Singh showed special interest by organizing cock-tail parties after the announcements of the results.

The committee members were united. There was no division , no group-politics and petty-bickerings.
A cyclostyled monthly magazine, titled NAVIN SAVER, began to be published in Punjabi. The whole work, including collection of material, cutting stencils, duplicating and distribution all over Fiji done by Amarjit Kanwal. Although it was a literary magazine , we were able to discuss some problems relating to the Sikh community of Fiji. It also contained the news concerning the development of both the schools.

The Inspectors of Secondary Schools who visited us every now and then gave us a lot of support and guidance. Mr R.J.McKearney of Secondary Schools visited the school on the 15th March, 1960 and wrote an encouraging report. He concluded it in the following manner. “Mr Jogindar Singh is to commended for the neat and efficient way he has prepared the school registers. Iwish to thank the Principal and staff for their ready co-operation and hospitality.”
In 1962, Mr P.Managreve wrote a lengthy report and covered all the aspects of the school. Included in it were such remarks as, “Much good work has been done at this school since my last visit a year ago… The secondary school syllabus is well-covered… the organization is good… The principal is doing very good work but 35 periods per week may be too many for the one teacher and especially for a Principal who has also a lot of other work to do in his office….If progress seen is kept up,this school should, in a few years time, reach a very reasonable standard.”
The school inspectors were very co-operative and gave us guidance and advice whenever we need them. Mr Hari Ram visited us frequently in early sixties and provided maximum help to the Principal and staff.
In 1963, the following was the last paragraph of his report on the school: “The tone of the school is good and the team spirit evident among the staff members is commendable and the Principal and his staff can justifiably be proud of this.”
These first five years were full of activities. The Management Committee, the staff and students worked hard. The school received due recognition not only from the Department of Education but from the Indian community of this area also. As there was a small hostel some students from Sigatoka, Rakiraki and Nausori came to attend the classes.

The sky was clearer then. The warmth and sunshine brought by the first five years’ performance melted all the clouds of pessimism and doubts which were threatening the KHALSA horizon in 1960.


In 1965, on the day of Baisakhi, there was an unpleasant incident at Tagitagi Sikh temple over the issue of a Sikh priest from India. This was an unfortunate development which affected the whole Sikh community of Fiji. As the Sikh temple politics crept in the school affairs, it became difficult for the Principal and the Manager to run the school efficiently. The number of committee members used to be thirty or even more and the meeting dragged on for hours without any substantial results. The Department of Education was quite upset about the way the things were going at Khalsa. MrW.F.Reid, the Inspector of Secondary Schools wrote to the President on 22nd December 1965: “I am sorry to have to tell you that I have had disturbing reports, from several sources, of disagreements and arguments in your managing body. I feel that I am entitled to address you on this subject because troubles will eventually affect the good work at present being done by your Principal and staff, and the standard of the school will go down.

In recent meetings dealing with the extension of the grant aiding system your school has been mentioned as a possibility in the reasonably near future but I must point out that such consideration would not be considered further unless you put your house in order and achieve stable management which concentrates on one thing only, that is the future betterment of the school.

I understand that your committee numbers are over thirty and controls both secondary and primary schools. If your school be grant aided you will be required to establish a board of governors for the secondary school alone which would be responsible for the Director of Education for spending such grants as are made.
I would strongly suggest that in preparation for this, such a board be established early in 1966 and that it should be composed of a chairman, secretary and six other members elected by the parents whose sole duty will be the governing of the school without consideration of any other outside matters at all.

I do once again strongly urge you to do this at the earliest possible moment.”
This letter produced its desired effects. Some changes were made in the composition of the Managing body in order to accommodate Mr Reids views. A Board of Governors whose members were nominated from within the Management Committee started functioning in 1966.
The same year the Department of Education gave a sum of *1250 as building grant for the first time. This was to be used for the construction of a new library. It was a good sign because the committee expected recurrent grant the following year. The library room (the present office) was completed in a few months.
In the district of Ba, Xavier College was the only institution which was aided that time and Khalsa High School was to be the second aided school, if approved. The recurrent grant during those days was given to the Management Commitees of High Schools to meet half of the salaries of “aided” teachers. The Department also contributed its share towards other recurrent expenses such as replacement and maintenance of equipment, library books, science equipment, school compound, audit expenses, travelling water, electricity, sewerage and official telephone.
Some people spread the rumours that the Khalsa Committee was unable to run the secondary school and therefore the Department of Education had taken it over. A number of committee members, who had never heard about the grant-in-aid system before were influenced by such rumours and reacted strongly to the proposal of grant-in-aid.
Mr Gurmej Singh, who now lives in the United States of America was the manager during those days. He tried to explain to the members the benefits of receiving grant from the government but some of them were still unconvinced. Then, he took pains to invite the officials of Education Department to a committee meeting so that they could discuss the advantages and disadvantages of becoming an aided school.
Mr F.Reid came to Ba to attend the meeting of the officials of the committee on 27th April, 1966 and explained to them very clearly how the grant-in-aid system worked. He said it would be a kind of partnership between the Depatment and the Educational Society. “KHALSA shall remain KHALSA but the Board of Governors will be required to work according to the grant-in-aid regulations and the Department will see that the money given to the school is utilized properly.”

Ultimately good sense prevailed and the noise “to accept” or “not to accept” died down.
In 1967, KHALSA was included in the list of aided schools by the Department of Education.

The School Authorities always felt that the physical environment, convenient, safe and attractive buildings have a great effect on the learning process of the pupils. With this aim in view, the construction of the science block started in 1968 and the first phase, the Physics laboratory, was completed in 1969. During the same year, the 500th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, the founder of Sikhism, was commemorated with great enthusiasm. A book titled “Guru Nanak and his religion” was written by a staff member (Mrs Kanwal) and distributed free to non-Sikhs at different centres so that they could know more about Sikhism and its founder.


On the persistant demand of the parents and students and with the approval of the Department of Education, we introduced form six in 1970. Our construction work on the science block (present Physics and Biology laboratories and 3 room upstairs) continued till 1971. We were happy that all the projects were successfully completed and we were able to recruit some qualified science and mathematics teachers from india but our happiness turned into misery when in October 1972, hurricane Bebe struck KHALSA mercilessly. Ours was the worst-hit institution. It would not be an exaggeration if we said that whatever we built in the previous 10-12 years was destroyed. It hit us so hard that some of the classrooms were levelled to the ground. Others were damaged so badly that they could not be used again. Roofs were blown away. Tins and pieces of timber were scattered in the cane fields half a mile away. Furniture and cupboards in the office, staffroom and classrooms were broken and some of the old records were completely destroyed. Chemistry lab, with all the equipment and chemicals, was razed to the grounds and the preparation room which contained emitting smoke for three days. Visitors and press photographers flocked to the place perhaps with the same amazement as the people who might have gone to see Nagasaki and Hiroshima after their destruction in the second world war.

The total damage was estimated to be more than eighty thousand dollars. The Government did not give us any financial assistance. We got some money from the insurance company but it was not sufficient to cover the cost of the proposed new building or to do repairs and buy the equipment. The Bank of Baroda helped in this difficult time by advancing us loan. The management Committee had resolved to provide all the facilities again by the end of 1973. With its determined efforts, it was able to build a new block (present Library and Chemistry lab and five classrooms) and repair all the damaged rooms by the beginning of 1974 seesion.

Then we wanted to change the name from Khalsa High School to Khalsa College, not because we wanted to imitate other secondary schools which were called “colleges” but because a new institution was born from the devastation caused by the hurricane and a new spirit and new attitudes had emerged from the suffering and sorrows which our committee, staff and pupils experienced during and after the hurricane Bebe.

On 3rd August 1973, a formal letter signed by Mr Budh Singh, he then Secretary was sent to the Permanent Secretary, requesting him to allow this change but contrary to our expectations, the request was refused by the Ministry. It wrote in its letter, “The name Khalsa High School has become well established educationally. The name appears in many documents and deeds belonging to your committee and this Ministry.” There were some other reasons given in the letter against the change but the manager, Mr J.K.Singh and the Secretary Mr Budh Singh continued the struggle for one year. There was a lengthy correspondence on the subject and at last the Ministry of Education agreed to the change.

On 2nd September, 1974, Khalsa High School became KHALSA COLLEGE officially.


The classes seven and eight became part of Khalsa College as forms I and II. It was in accordance with the policy of the Ministry of Education which encouraged the Management Committees of some Primary schools to send classes 7 and 8n to secondary schools. Those committees that were running both primary and secondary schools readily accepted the proposal. Even the building grants were given to some of the secondary schools to build classrooms for forms I and II and Khalsa College had also received $5000 as building grant. Class seven was shifted to the college in 1974 and in 1975 we had both classes seven and eight.

Our management committee was able to build two classrooms in 1976(present 4b and 4c rooms). The other set of two classrooms on the second storey was completed in the following years.

When Mr A.D Patel was the member for Social Services, he visited both the schools on 16 March, 1966. We discussed the problem with him. He wrote a few comments in the Primary School Log Book. “This school and the one across are greatly handicapped by the dust nuisance during dry season and mud nuisance during the wet period. It would help the school a great deal if the District Administration takes urgent steps to tarseal the stretch which passes through. The health of the school children should be safeguarded atall cost.”

Correspondence, telephone calls, personal approaches continued to be made for ten years but nothing took place. Our request was partly heard when in 1977 a portion of the 26 chain stretch was tarsealed. For the other part, the struggle still continues.
During this period, vigorous efforts were made by the Management Committee and the Ex-Khalsa students Association to improve water supply facilities. Actually the problem became acute in early ‘seventies’ due to low pressure of water during day time. The Management Committee fixed a 800 gallon tank with the hope that it would fill up in the night and children would get drinking water. The problem was not fully solved because the toilets used to become filthy. The Ex-Khalsa Students’ Association erected a stand at the back of the Physics laboratory and two big tanks were installed in 1978-79. Although toilets, science labs, staff room are connected to the tanks, the condition was still unsatisfactory because the force with which water should run through the pipe lines is feeble. The situation becomes worse when these tanks do not fill in the night, particularly during dry weather when the low pressure affects all the higher places of this area.

The sports programmes, public speaking contests, music, art, creative writing and other co-curricular activities have been quite popular among the students since the early’sixties’ but another activity which attracted the attention of the public and became very popular outside the college campus was Bhangra dance. Although, Bhangra and Gidha have been performed on many occasions since 1973, there were invitations almost in every term from different organisations during the late ‘seventies’
In other words, KHALSA had its deep impact on the multi-racial society of Fiji and put its colourful stamp on the cultural life of Fiji.
In 1976, some teachers and students were included in the Bhangra team which went to attend the South Pacific Arts Festival in New Zealand. The popularity of Bhangra dancers reached its climax in 1979 during Girmit Centenary celebrations when they were invited to perform at six different centres.

Emphasis was also placed on the religious programmes.
With a view to make cultural and religious programmes more effective, the Ex-Khalsa Students’ Association donated a microphone se worth one thousand dollars to the college.


1985 – 1990: Computer education was introduced and the MOE provided some computers. A special room was allocated for these. The Maths Department was given the responsibility to teach the basic skills.
Text Book Scheme was introduced to provide text books to the students. Text Books had become very costly and it was difficult for parents to buy all texts. The students had to pay nominal rental for these text books. By 1989 the Scheme was fully equipped with text books for all forms from III to VII.
Master plan to build another block to replace the wooden classrooms was prepared but construction was deferred because of the coup.
College front gates were constructed and fencing done.
In 1990 Agricultural Science was introduced in Form III. Later in the year Khalsa Carnival was held to raise funds for upgrading the Library and provision of other facilities in the school.

1990 – 2000:
In 1993 the wooden building was demolished and new building construction began. This was named Shri Guru Nanak Building Complex. It was completed in 1994 and was officially opened by HE Tim J. David, the British Ambassador in Fiji, on 18th. November 1994.

The Complex comprises of 3 floors:
The ground floor has 2 Home Economic rooms, 1 for Food Technology and the other for Clothing & Textiles; College Counselor’s Office, Sick bay with convenience, Media Centre and 2 Computer Labs.
The Upper Block has the Stage and 5 Classrooms (Form 301,302,303,304 and 401). The Second Floor housed the College Gurudwara and now it is the Sikh Library.

In 1997 a big Green House was constructed for the Agricultural Science Department. The project was funded by the Federal Republic of Germany.

In 2002, the new Staffroom Complex was constructed and was officially opened Hon. Shiu Raj – Minister Multi-Ethnic Affairs on 26th November. This new building housed, on the upper floor: the Staffroom with a capacity of 40 teachers, the Vice-Principal’s office, and an office for the HOD Languages and convenience for gents and ladies.

The lower block consisted of : the convenience (7 cubicles/ 2 showers/ 2 change rooms and 1 storage room); the female staff convenience (2 cubicles with wash basin); the male staff convenience (2cubicles with wash basin) and the boys convenience (7 cubicles/ 2 showers/ 1 large urinal/ 1 storage room and 1 change room).

A borehole was also sunk and a concrete water tank constructed to provide water to both the schools since water flow in the school was always an issue.

In 2008 a new Gurudwara with a separate compound was constructed and the Guru Granth Sahib from the Old Gurudwara was installed in the new one.

In 2009, the new stage located in front of the Administration Block was constructed with the initial purpose for performances during the Diamond Jubilee celebration of the College that was celebrated too in the same year. This stage has been utilized well over the years for the assembly and other programmes organized by the school.

In 2011, the main Administration block was renovated where the old floor boards of the main office were replaced with a tiled, concrete floor. This renovation has given the main office of the College, a new look and making it one of the best offices any institution could boast.

In addition, the Staff Quarters was renovated in 2014. This renovation included the replacement of floor boards and other amenities in the quarters. When the staff quarters were destroyed in 2016 during Hurricane Winston, the Ministry of Education was supportive in providing assistance for the repairs needed.

By 2018, the quarters were ready and were again rented out to the staff. During the same year, the Sharma Shed which was also destroyed during Hurricane Winston was repaired by the Bronze students of the College DEIA Club. This project was funded by the school.

In 2019, the Office Technology Room was upgraded to a laboratory with all IT facilities installed to boost students’ learning. This upgrade was done through the assistance provided by the Ministry of Education.
Khalsa College Fiji | All Rights Reserved
Webmaster: Avikash Nadan © 2019